The scheme follows a peer-led approach by skilling-up a small number of students in education settings on key digital skills to navigate the online landscape. These informed students then pass on their learning and offer helpful support to their peers promoting good digital citizenship, civility and positive peer influence. The scheme is free and flexible for schools, making it simpler to provide key online safety education.
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner provides…
- Training for all Cyber Ambassadors;
- Support for schools on cyber safety;
- A website containing resources and activities;
- Cyber Ambassador badges and certificates;
- Cyber Critters top trump cards for primary Cyber Ambassadors and peers;
- Opportunities for Cyber Ambassadors to contribute to the development of the scheme and wider events; and
- Ongoing support and engagement from the scheme coordinator.
There are numerous ways that the Cyber Ambassadors can support their peers; these fall under four different categories:
- Community Engagement