Free training event to be held at Police Training HQ, Netley on 22nd January 2019.
Following recent update to the Home Office Statutory FGM guidance, this event supports the Home Office training to update, inform and support statutory partners with understanding current statutory duties, safeguarding and welfare responsibilities, FGM Protection Orders and Forced Marriage Protection Orders.
This event is being delivered by the Home Office in partnership with Hampshire Constabulary with guest speaker DC Gill Squires MBE who is a Home Office leading UK authority on FGM and played a key role in the introduction of FGM Protection Orders which are now used by police forces to protect girls and women considered at risk of the barbaric procedure.
What can you expect to learn?
- What is FGM?
- What is Forced Marriage and so called ‘Honour Based’ Violence?
- How to identity risk
- Powerful survivor experience
- The practicalities of obtaining an order
- Tools to assist in the application
- A practical application – case studies
Who is the event aimed at?
- Social Workers
- Those working in the family and criminal courts
- Legal professionals
- Health professionals
- Education professionals
- Safeguarding charities
- Anyone in a position to make a difference in someone’s life by advising them or assisting in applying for an order.
Booking your place
The event will run from 09:00 for registration; 09:30 start and 1600 finish. Spaces are limited to 100 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Please register your interest to attend early by completing the Safe4me contact form via the link below.
Recent changes to Home Office Guidance
We recently published an article regarding the Home Office changes to FGM, this is available via the link below, along with a link button to access our Safe4me FGM information toolkit.do.